It’s been a week since we moved into our new place while we work on our old home. I definitely miscalculated its difficulty level. haha! I just had to suck it up – muster all the courage, put my game face on and gather all my super mom powers to make the transition as smooth as possible for everyone while being extremely busy with work, Christmas preparations and super pregnant.
Viola! I’m so happy that I pulled through. Even if we won’t be in town, I didn’t want to be a scrooge and allow my kids miss out on the spirit of Christmas in our new home. I would never forgive myself if I did!
Welcome to our home for the holidays!
Here are a few ideas to make your home more festive and bring the holiday season into full swing:
- 1. Motive. Have a specific theme and stick to it!
- 2. Pop of Color. Nothing screams louder than the color red: HAPPY VIBES.
- 3. Details. I only started putting santa and snowman faces when I had Asher. (I think my teenage daughter Danielle appreciates the gifts more than the decorations now. haha!). Little details of seeing his favorite Christmas characters are definitely a treat and bring in the Holiday cheer.
- 4. Focal Point. I revolve everything around two things: our tree and table setting centrepiece.
- 5. Gift Packaging. Personally I’m very particular about gift wrapping because I feel that every present you give is a piece of yourself. The presentation matters as much the actual gift!
And since this is my favorite time of the year, I’m sharing with you some shopping ideas and sources to spruce up your home for the holidays:
From our home to yours. Were wishing you a Happy Holidays!
- Cat Arambulo-Antonio